Pages

About Me

My photo
New England, United States

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Rainy Day Paint Fumes and a Bench Pt 2

Just a quick update today! Has looked like a torrential rain about to happen all day!  So back to the basement...and the fumes.


Almost like obsidian!

We've got glossy black wrought iron! It took a full 2 cans of Rustoleum. Now I'll leave to dry until next weekend because I really don't want to go back into the fumes again...

While I was down there, I also got these done!

Pearly white!


Pretty white satin slats just waiting to become a seat.  I decided to try the Krylon Plastic Fusion as it's supposed to work on wood, too.  I'll leave to cure for 7 days and we'll see if it becomes chip proof as it did on the vinyl shutters.

All these paint fumes remind me of all the trim/doors/closet doors/walls/ceilings I painted while building with Habitat. One day my current neighbor and I were busy painting on the 2nd floor of one of the houses...closet doors, I think.  We ended up having the longest giggling fit I've ever had due to the fumes (and our sense of humor) and then we started singing...Amazing Grace with harmony in giggling.  Good memories...they make me smile.

Enjoy your week...make some memories that will keep you smiling. I'll be back when the curing is done and I've got the overspray scrubbed off!

No comments:

Post a Comment